PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS WEBSITE.
Your use of the Social River Marketing Inc. website is expressly conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”). By using the Social River Marketing website, you signify your acceptance of these Terms and Conditions.
1. Ownership. The Social River Marketing website, its design, all text, graphics, content, video, audio and the selection and arrangement thereof are the property of Social River Marketing Inc. Productions Inc., and/or its various subsidiaries (collectively “Social River Marketing”), and is protected under the copyright laws of Canada and other countries.
2. Trademarks. The “Social River Marketing” mark and name and all other “Social River Marketing” related trademarks and design marks displayed on Social River Marketing (collectively, the “Trademarks”) are registered and common law trademarks owned by Social River Marketing. The trademarks of any third parties are used under a license granted from these third parties. Nothing contained on the Social River Marketing website should be construed as granting, by implication or otherwise, any license or right to use any trademarks, including the Trademarks, except with the express written permission of Social River Marketing or such other party that may own the applicable trademarks.
USE OF SITE
3. Use. The Social River Marketing website may not, in whole or in part, be copied, reproduced, republished, uploaded, posted, transmitted or distributed without the written permission of Social River Marketing, except that you may download, display and print the materials presented on Social River Marketing for your personal, non-commercial use only. Unauthorized use of Social River Marketing and/or the materials contained on Social River Marketing may violate applicable copyright, trademark or other intellectual property laws or other laws. You must retain all copyright and trademark notices, including any other proprietary notices, contained in the materials. The use of such materials on any other website or in any environment of networked computers is prohibited.
4. Prohibited Use. While visiting the Social River Marketing website, you may not do any of the following: (i) post, transmit or otherwise distribute information constituting or encouraging conduct that would constitute a criminal offense or give rise to civil liability; (ii) use the Social River Marketing website in a manner which is contrary to law or would serve to restrict or inhibit any other user from using or enjoying the Social River Marketing website; (iii) post or transmit any information or software which contains a virus, cancelbot, Trojan horse, worm or other harmful or disruptive component; or (iv) upload, post, publish, transmit, reproduce, or distribute in any way information, software or other material obtained through the Social River Marketing website which is protected by copyright, or other intellectual property rights, or derivative works with respect thereto, without obtaining permission of the copyright owner or right-holder.
5. Monitor. Social River Marketing has no obligation to monitor the Social River Marketing website. However, you agree that Social River Marketing has the right to monitor the Social River Marketing website electronically from time to time and to disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any law, regulation or other governmental request, to operate the Social River Marketing website properly, or to protect itself or other users. Social River Marketing will not intentionally monitor or disclose any private electronic-mail message unless required by law. Social River Marketing reserves the right to refuse to post or to remove any information or materials, in whole or in part, that, in its sole discretion, are unacceptable, undesirable, or in violation of this Agreement.
6. Privacy. Social River Marketing cannot ensure or guarantee privacy for Social River Marketing website users. It is therefore recommended that this service not be used for the transmission of confidential information. Any such use shall be at the sole risk of the user, and Social River Marketing and its affiliate and related companies shall be relieved of all liability in connection therewith.
7. Limitation of Liability. Social River Marketing takes no responsibility for the accuracy of or validity of any claims or statements contained in the documents and related graphics, demonstrations or videos on the Social River Marketing website. Further, Social River Marketing makes no representations about the suitability of any of the information contained in any documents, graphics or videos on the Social River Marketing website. In no event shall Social River Marketing be liable for any damages whatsoever, including special, indirect or consequential damages, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of information available on our service.
8. Recourse. If you are dissatisfied with the Social River Marketing website or with any terms, conditions, rules, policies, guidelines or practices of Social River Marketing in operating the Social River Marketing website, your sole and exclusive remedy is to discontinue using the Social River Marketing website.
9. Confidential Information. You authorize Social River Marketing to collect and to retain all relevant information relating to your use of the Social River Marketing website. You understand and agree that unless you notify Social River Marketing to the contrary by e-mailing us, you further authorize Social River Marketing to disclose, on a confidential basis, to any party with whom Social River Marketing has business relations, all relevant information relating to your dealings with us and the Social River Marketing website in accordance with our privacy and security statements as set out below.
10. Indemnity. You agree to defend, indemnify and hold Social River Marketing and its affiliate and related companies harmless from any and all liabilities, costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, related to any violation or breach of this Agreement by you or users authorized to use the Social River Marketing website on your behalf, or in connection with the use of the Social River Marketing website or the Internet or the placement or transmission of any message, information, software or other materials on the Social River Marketing website or on the Internet by you or users authorized by you.
PRIVACY AND SECURITY STATEMENT
12. Other sites. Our site contains links to other sites on the Internet. You may also have accessed this site over a corporate intranet or through another site. Social River Marketing is not responsible for the content or privacy policies and practices of companies maintaining other websites or intranets. If you want to know more about the privacy policies of these other websites or intranets, please refer directly to the organization sponsoring the particular website or intranet in question.
WHAT INFORMATION DOES SOCIAL RIVER MARKETING COLLECT?
13. General Information. Social River Marketing’s primary goal in collecting information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services possible over the Internet. Social River Marketing only collects information that you provide to us. For example, when you use certain products or services that we provide or when you visit the Social River Marketing website and view a video player we may collect information about which services or players that you have used.
14. Surveys. Occasionally, Social River Marketing may conduct voluntary customer surveys to understand consumer opinions about our content and product inventory on the Social River Marketing website. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our advertisers and partners. Except as noted herein, we never share any information about specific individuals with any third party.
15. Contests and sweepstakes. From time to time, Social River Marketing offers contests and sweepstakes in which we request certain personal information. These contests and sweepstakes are conducted in full accordance with United States and Canadian federal and state laws. The full rules and all information about such contests are clearly posted during such events. Information gathered is used only to verify user identity and to contact winners and/or prize recipients, except when specifically noted otherwise. Again, we do not share information about specific individuals with any third party, except as noted herein.
16. Newsletters. Social River Marketing may offer free electronic newsletters or video content to users. In such circumstances, Social River Marketing will gather the e-mail addresses of users who voluntarily subscribe. Customers may remove themselves from any mailing list by following the instructions contained in the newsletter or on the Social River Marketing website.
17. Usage tracking. Social River Marketing tracks user traffic patterns throughout Social River Marketing and this information is correlated with data about individual users. Overall usage statistics, according to a user’s domain name, browser type and MIME type are developed by reading this information from the browser string (information contained in every user’s browser). Social River Marketing also tracks and catalogs the search terms that customers enter into our search tools, but this tracking is never associated with individual users.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION USED?
19. Any personal information collected may be used to: * Create statistics about Social River Marketing that we use to measure our performance or the performance of the services that we offer. These statistics do not contain any information that could identify you personally. Further, Social River Marketing does not sell your personal information to any organization, for any purpose. * Customize the advertising and content you see on our website. * Enhance the user experience in our network of sites. We use tracking information to determine how well each page performs overall based on aggregate user demographics and traffic patterns to those pages. This helps us continue to build a better service for you. * Fulfill your requests for certain products and services, such as sending out electronic newsletters and enabling users to participate in polls, contests, message boards, and auctions. * Send you information you agreed to receive about topics we think will be of interest to you.
20. Controlled Access. Strict controls are maintained over access to personal information you share with Social River Marketing. Social River Marketing strictly controls access to your personal information to employees who need this information to serve you or to the employees who analyses our performance to measure and improve Social River Marketing.
WHY WE COLLECT INFORMATION?
21. Goal. Social River Marketing’s primary goal in collecting personal information is to provide you with the best and most useful content and services.